background

October 13, 2012

Brothers

I wanted to do a post on how AWESOME Jack has been at being a big brother.  Most of Jack and Kyle's pictures go in Kyle's post but I wanted some of these in Jack's book when I publish his blog posts.

I was worried all summer about how Jack would be as a big brother.  Especially since he had separation anxiety all summer.  But since the day we brought Kyle home, Jack has been so interested in Kyle.  He always asks where baby Kyle is.  My response is usually that he is sleeping.  I am usually feeding Kyle when Jack is eating either his meals or his snacks.  There is one time when I feed Kyle and Jack is taking his nap.

Most of the time when Jack is playing, he doesn't even notice baby Kyle.  Sometimes he'll even ask where baby Kyle is and I'll point to Kyle who is near him and say "he's right there".  Then sometimes all he wants to do is play with Kyle.  He is learning that Kyle is much smaller and that he has to be gentle.


 Jack loves to hold baby Kyle.  He smiles so big and gigles.  If baby Kyle makes a noise then Jack says "baby Kyle talkin me".


 Sweet kisses.


 Brothers already playing together.  Jack is showing Kyle how the Island of Sodor works.


 Jack likes to hit the rattle ball for Kyle to show him how to do it.


So proud to hold his brother.  Jack is a great helper.  He loves to stand on his stool while I change Kyle's diaper.  He has started asking to feed baby but hopefully him helping to feed him will be enough for now.


Jack is taking a break putting his puzzles together to smile at Kyle.


Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment