background

July 21, 2012

What's in a Name?

Kyle Reid Goodyear


How did we come up with that name?  It wasn't easy.  When we found out we were having another boy, I don't know about Ben but I didn't have any other boy names (at that time) that I could think of.  I didn't have any girls names either but that's a different story.

So, Ben and I sat down every couple of nights and looked at the internet at tons of baby boy names.  We found out pretty fast that we both had very different views on names.  I liked the more modern names like Braeden and Ian and he liked old fashioned names like Charles and Joshua.  We decided that looking online each night was getting us nowhere.

Then we decided to each take some time to think and pray about the names we really liked, write them down on the notes app on our i-phones and then come together and discuss each name.  When we came together we each had about 10 names on our list.  There was only one name on both of our lists - Kyle.

Originally when we were picking out Jack's name we had tossed around the name Kyle for a potential middle name but decided if we liked it that much we should keep it aside just in-case we have another boy... we did!  Even though Kyle was on both lists we still went down each list and said yay or nay to each name.  One of the other names I had on my list was Reid.  When we got to Kyle on our lists Ben joked and said "we could name him Kyle Reed after Kyle Field and Reed Arena, haha".  I knew he was joking but I liked the sound Kyle Reid, of course spelled the way I had originally had it on my list.

So after Ben and I tried to convince each other of a few other names on our lists, we finally just told each other we really like Kyle Reid.  I think Ben was worried about the whole A&M aspect of it, but I didn't care, I liked it.

Most people who aren't Aggies don't even know what Kyle Field is so I thought I'd include a video of one of the A&M promotion videos that they show to get the crowds pumped up at the football games.



We also ordered this painting to go in Kyle's room.  The artist is Benjamin Knox, a former Aggie.  We wanted a picture of Kyle Field for his room.  The ring on our painting has the year '04 on it just like Ben's ring.




We have this painting already hanging above our fire place from Benjamin Knox:




3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you, Kyle Reid Goodyear!!

    kay kay and papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris guessed that was the reason for the name! I love it. I can picture him already and he is definitely a Kyle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how exciting!!! can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete