background

September 13, 2012

A Family of Four

Soon after I delivered Kyle, they took him to the nursery for observation (as well as give time for the epidural to wear off).  During that time, Jack was able to come and see me.  He had been patiently waiting in the waiting room and was very sleepy by this time.  It was right around his bedtime and he had had a long day.  I was so happy to see him.



Reaching for mommy's phone, of course.  I determined, about two weeks after Kyle was born, that our phones and the ability to watch Bob the Builder was Jack's comfort item at the time.  It was something he could control.

Our last picture as a family of 3.


Baby Kyle in his hospital crib.


Awake

The first nights in the hospital weren't too bad.  Being my second child, I knew that he would want to eat a lot.  So I was expecting it.  The second night seemed like he wanted to eat almost every hour.  But, Ben never had to get up and walk around the room or rock him to calm him down like we had to with Jack.  I guess as long as I would let him eat, he was content.  All in all we were more laid back this time and I think that helped.

The next day, KK brought Jack to come and visit me and meet baby Kyle.  They came around 11:30 and Jack was not interested in anything but eating lunch.  So I suggested they go eat lunch and then come back.  That worked.  They also bought him a bag of M&Ms to eat and to keep him happy.  It worked.  He was willing to do anything if it meant he could eat some M&Ms.





KK, Grant and Tessa with Kyle


Jack sitting with mommy.  It was so sweet how he just laid on me, eating his M&Ms.  Looking at baby Kyle.

Our first family of four picture.  Jack showing his M&M.


Taking it all in.

Mimi

Daddy

Grandpa

Sissy

Kyle's going home outfit.  It says little brother and has a K with A&M fabric inside and then says "Kyle" below the K.  He also is wearing matching booties.

This was during our four hour wait to get discharged.

Ready to go...can't you tell. 



Finally home, Jack up from his nap and ready to start our new lives.  

Later that weekend Jack got a large floor puzzle as his big brother gift.  He loves puzzles.

Mommy and Jack watching Kyle sleep.

Wubanub...a pacifier attached to the dog.

Good morning!  

Lazy day with daddy.

Nanny

Kyle awake - this was rare...he slept all the time.  Something I was not used to.

First stroller ride.  We went to the mall as a family around 9am to join the mall walkers.  Jack is in the front of the double stroller.  

No comments:

Post a Comment